Soup Or Something (SOS) Ministry
Church families sometimes need care in the form of meals brought to them, such as when Mom is sick or has been in the hospital, etc. The plan is simple:
- Get empty containers (and lids) at church, no charge. They are freezer-safe, microwave-safe, and dishwater-safe. They are BPA-free (no Bisphenol A) and totally safe for food contact.
- Fill them with soup … or something. Can be any type of dish (chili, macaroni, casserole, whatever). If it is a food that won’t be harmed by freezing, the containers can be frozen.
- Get the containers to church and our Ladies Ministry leaders will arrange to get them delivered to the family in need. See below for a listing of families in need of this help, and note that some may have scheduling links to click and sign up for.
- Bargo Family still in need of assistance
James & Renee Bargo, parents of two precious daughters, are still in need of ongoing assistance through the “Soup Or Something” (SOS) ministry. Sister Renee Bargo is still undergoing chemo treatment for cancer and other medical treatments. Every moment you spend in making food for them (whether soup or casserole or chili or whatever) is a way of adding to their lives more moments to spend with their girls. You can literally donate some of your time to them.
How to help?
- Obtain one or more empty SOS containers from Christian Apostolic Church.
- Fill the container(s) with food and seal with the lid.
- If the food can be frozen, freeze.
- Drop the container back at the church. We do the rest!
Finally, pray for the family, both while you are preparing the food and at other times.